I'm delighted to have been asked to keynote at this conference at SUNY Empire State College Center for Distance Learning, March 15, 2013. The full CFP is here and the deadline is 26 Nov.
Conference Proposals should address one or more of the following questions:
- What are the 21st century literacies that learners need from K-12 to higher education?
- How do we transition transliterate learners from cradle to career?
- Will transliteracy bridge literacy education from cradle to career?
- How do we engage K-12 teachers and college educators in transliteracy conversations and collaborations?
- How does technology inform and support our transliteracy teaching practices?
- In a world of new literacies, how do we integrate transliteracy, metaliteracy, and/or media and information literacy in our teaching?
There's a lot to discuss! I'm very much looking forward to meeting my American colleagues.