The first Transliteracy Conference will take place at Leicester's new Phoenix Square Digital Media Centre on Tuesday 9 February 2010.
This one-day event offers an opportunity for academics, artists,
business people and practitioners to share discoveries, ideas, and
creative works that amplify and augment transliteracy research. Themes to be explored include:
- transliteracy and libraries
- transliteracy and the arts
- transliteracy in education
- transliteracy in communications
- transliteracy in the workplace
- transliteracy and transdisciplinarity
- transliteracy in action – examples of transliterate works, like digital fiction, networked arts projects, or library resources.
The Call for Presentations
invites 250 word abstracts. Presentations should be 10-15 minutes in
duration, and can be used to show work or deliver a short paper. Deadline for Abstracts: 1 December 2009